Sunday, April 18, 2010

7 Miles! Yay!

My longest run ever (again!). I had the chance to run with some of my "serious" running friends - and I took the challenge, not quite sure I'd be able to keep up OR to keep running the entire distance. We met up at Harbor Island at 7 a.m. Saturday morning and ran along San Diego Bay into downtown. I remember being totally exhausted, keeping a lookout for our halfway point as we passed the cruise ships & docking areas .... but had to remind myself that the halfway point was just that -- HALF way -- and I still had to run all the way back.
I was seriously worried I was totally going to embarrass myself and have to stop and walk & be left in everyone's dust (not to mention the fact that I LOOKED like a total beginner with my cotton jogging clothes, my husband's baseball hat & my VitaminWater in hand).
But I made it! Granted - I did slow down a bit near the end - especially the last mile -- but I didn't stop & totally made it! I still can't really believe I did it (although my super-sore legs & butt remind me that I definitely did!). It feels awesome to be hitting new milestones & accomplishing new goals. It definitely boosted my confidence & made me feel like I can TOTALLY be ready for a half marathon in August! :) I'm feeling good!
Oh.... and I actually said the following sentence in all seriousness earlier this week: I only ran 2.5 miles.
I ONLY ran 2.5 MILES!!!!!
Amazing that those words came out of my mouth given than two months ago I don't think I had ever even run 2.5 miles at once! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment