Saturday, May 15, 2010

8 Miles!

Although it still seems partly unbelievable (but is true ... I have witnesses), I got up early to run EIGHT miles this morning. I woke up feeling not too hot -- but told myself I should just get out there & do the best I could. Most of the routes I've been running are there-and-back routes, so I figured if I wasn't feeling up to the whole eight miles once I got going, I could always turn back early. Not so. Once I got there I found out we were running a big loop around part of Mission Bay - through Tecolote Shores, past Sea World, up Ingraham Street and then back through PB. So once I started, I would have to finish. I expected to fall waaaaaaaay back -- but surprisingly, I was able to keep up! I was ridiculously impressed with myself! (Let me remind you that I'm the girl who, six months ago, would have balked and said "no thanks!" to any suggestion of running a single mile.) I think I owe a lot to the jogging stroller I spend most of my runs pushing. It's clearly been adding some oomph to some of my shorter runs - because I'm feeling MUCH better after my 8 mile run than I did after my 7 mile run a few weeks back (I even spent the next few hours trucking all over Sea World!). What a fun way to start the weekend!!! It feels GREAT! :)

1 comment:

  1. It was so fun to run together! We have to make this a regular occurence!

    ReplyDelete