Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My Best Run To Date!!! :)

So I realize that if everything goes as planned & I'm continually successful at pushing myself - I will keep having "my best run to date" on a weekly basis over the next few months--- but I'm still pretty excited about it! Right around 2.5 miles (the "official" pedometer is still broken at this point). Not bad for pushing a stroller & running on hills. I'm definitely seeing the advantage in not running every day. It felt like a hard change to make -- I feel like I want to be out there jogging & pushing myself on the "off" days -- but all the training schedules I've looked at really advocate the importance of rest days & letting your poor old legs recover after a good run, so I've backed off & am trying to get out there every other day right now. The off-day schedule definitely works. I totally see the improvement in both my endurance & my speed. I actually felt like I could run much longer - but it was starting to get cold & dark and I had little B out with me in his stroller - so I ended up sprinting the last little bit home from the park.
I'm also definitely seeing the need for a recovery day after a decent run. My butt & my calves don't seem to want to let me WALK today - let alone go for another couple mile run after work(with a push up the *BIG* hill). And I actually remembered to do some really good stretching last night.
I'm trying to put together a training schedule for us to stick to for the rest of the month. I'm excited about finding different activities we can do on our "cross-training" adventures - like climbing Cowles Mountain, doing swimming pool workouts (with little B, of course) when the warmer weather hits & throwing in some yoga & pilates for core & strength training. Oh my gosh, I hope I can do this!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment