Monday, March 29, 2010

Starting Off On My Butt

I was going to say that I was starting off on "the wrong foot" (ha ha)... but in truth, I haven't really been running that well on either foot. I took it a little easy while breaking in my new super-awesome running shoes ... and then my little running companion (my 14-month-old) came down with a fever for a few days & I just didn't think he was up for being out & about with me. So, I've been slacking off for the last two weeks. I finally got myself out for a totally un-impressive 2 miles on Thursday after work -- and then a much better 4 mile run Sunday morning. The Sunday morning run was GREAT. We woke up and I gave Billy some breakfast and we went out for a run around the neighborhood while his dad went to run an errand and grab some coffee (and a yummy iced chai for me!). The day was just warming up & the air smelled like the nearby ocean! It was BEAUTIFUL!!! I'd love to get up next weekend and go running down at the bay -- but I'm not quite sure I'm up for being among the hardcore runners out there!! I'm going to try to stick to my training schedule a little bit better this week, with a three-mile run on Tuesday & Thursday, a 2 mile run on Wednesday & a 4.5 mile run on Sunday. :) I need to step up my game!

No comments:

Post a Comment